Using priorities (P0, P1…) with OKR in Gtmhub
Some companies like to set priorities on their OKR goals. They use this to communicate to everyone in the organization which OKRs are more important and which not so much.
Organizations that use priorities also typically reassess those on a weekly or bi-weekly schedule, to further promote agility.
Can I set P0 to P4 priorities on OKRs in Gtmhub?
At Gtmhub, we believe in radical simplicity, and since not everyone uses priorities, we don’t have them turned on by default. That being said, we also believe in radical flexibility. 🙂
You can customize the information you will collect about your OKRs through custom fields .
In this post, I am going to outline how to define P0 to P4 priorities for your OKRs.
Defining the priorities custom field
The first thing you need to do is to define a new custom field for your priority information.
- Log in to Gtmhub
- Head over to Setup > Configuration
- Select Custom fields from the menu on the left
- Click on the Add new custom field button
- Fill in the dialog as follows
Defining a custom field for OKRs
- Name: priority
- UI Label: Priority
- Description: The current priority of this objective
- UI Selector: One option list
- Options: Add valid priorities, for example, P0 , P1 , P2 , P3 , P4
- Required: Make unchecked
Click on the Save button.
Set priorities on your OKRs
When you open any objective now, you will find Priority field in the Details section.
Setting a priority for an OKR
You can now set priorities for your objectives.
Sorting objectives by priority
Custom fields, in this case, priority – can be also displayed in the OKR grid. To do that you will need to modify the grid to include this new field.
Customize the OKRs grid
Go to the OKRs screen and follow these steps.
- Click on the Grid options button
- Make sure you are in the Expanded view mode
- From the menu click Re-arrange columns for expanded view link
- In the pop-up click on the Reset to default link, so that the new Priority field appears
- Drag the priority field to the position where you want it to be on the grid
Ordering the columns of the OKRs grid
Now, the priority of the OKRs will be presented in the grid and by clicking the Priority header you will be able to sort OKRs from highest to lowest priority – or another way around.
OKRs ordered by priority